2.05.2010

Baby, Baby...I'm taken with the notion...


...to love you with the sweetest of devotion.

So, we're having a BOY in June! (maybe July--we'll see if he's timely) I've been waiting a while to write about it and letting it all sink in. I can't begin to fathom all the changes we'll undergo as a family this year. I just don't think you can know until you do it. So, here's to the unknown, chaos, crazy love, learning about baby gadgets/toys/shows/clothes/diapers!!

There seems so much to learn that sometimes I get very overwhelmed with it all. Thankfully, we have a great network of folks who are ahead of us on this river of knowledge and will help us along the way. I understand what they mean when they say "it takes a village..." We've already been blessed from every side with giveaways/hand-me-downs/cast-offs, and we're only halfway through the pregnancy.

Last week, we did our ultrasound and were able to see sweet baby boy squirming and moving around. I'll have pictures of that up as soon as I can get my scanner reconnected. (more on that in a minute!) By the grace of God, I've had a remarkably easy pregnancy thus far with no sickness or discomfort (yet), so I was beginning to wonder if he was still in there! He is! We saw his little fingers and toes and his heartbeat...and his boy parts. All such a wonderful and reassuring sight of the gift God has given us.

We're doing fruit-basket-turnover at the house...consolidating our office and guest room. And by the magic of IKEA and some creative thinking, we are working toward two very cool rooms. One to welcome visitors and one to welcome baby boy. It will really make you re-think junk you've been holding on to when you have to make room for a new human. Of course, in the move, the scanner seems mad at me that we left it unplugged for so long and doesn't want to cooperate with me currently. I shall send it to bed without paper and see if it straightens up! Next post will hopefully be baby Shepard's first photos. :)

And a few words from Psalm 139...which we had read at our wedding:

For it was you who formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes beheld my unformed substance. In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed.

No comments: