3.16.2008

Whatsoever things are lovely...

That is part of a great scripture I had to memorize when I was a Missionette. (don't know about missionettes? it's like girl scouts for the Assemblies of God denomination...we earned badges and everything! good times)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

So, a wee bit chastised by said verse, I feel compelled to balance out the thingsthatdrivemecrazy list with a wee list of things I find delightful. Surely not such a hard thing to do! (and it occurs to me I could very nearly just write the opposite of the other list's points...but I shan't...I shall try to be more original...and these are not ordered, merely writing them as I think of them...don't think me a heretic if my number one is not about Jesus)

1. Not having to set an alarm clock
2. Coffee with hot chocolate in it on Saturday morning in pj's
3. Knowing that my husband loves me...even though I know I am so fault-full
4. The merest thought of the magnitude of God's love and grace
5. Being nice to strangers
6. When patience wins over impatience
7. green plants in my house
8. Finishing a project
9. Tulips of any color
10. Taking a moment to take a picture of something just because I find it lovely or interesting
11. family time at Christmas
12. the sound of crickets and smell of freshly cut grass in early Summer
13. hearing Sarah DeShields talk--not only does she have an awesome Scottish accent, she seems to emanate an ethereal grace
14. a lowercase letter "j"
15. warm sun on my face
16. warm chocolate chip cookies and a mug o' milk
17. getting frosted mini wheats with lots of sugar on the one side
18. finding unexpected money in coat pockets or purses
19. when Jerod answers the phone with his lovey, silly voice just for me
20. France/Mont St. Michel/Paris/Ste. Chapelle/Chenonceau--I could live in France
21. Discovering that the "youth" I've worked with are all grown-up with amazing thoughts, ambitious endeavors, and lives that follow Christ--it's beautiful to see that work in progress
22. Painted toenails and sandals when the chill leaves
23. Birkenstocks, Birkenstocks, Birkenstocks
24. Tax refunds
25. a clean house at the beginning of the weekend
26. Almost anything that is ORANGE, except oompa loompas (I might add oompa loompas to the previous post!)

Wow. I could really go on and on!!! Thank you, Lord, for lovely things. They all must be a reflection of You somehow.

No comments: